Sunday, April 10, 2011

Madonna/Madonna VHS Cassette plus Record Store Counter Promo



When this 4 track Video VHS came out in late 1984, it was bliss! Borderline (still my all-time fav), Burning Up - finally in great quality - I used to have to watch MV3 with Richard Blade here in Los Angeles to get Burning Up and Everybody because MTV didn't play those. The club version mix of Lucky Star. And, of course, the original Like a Virgin - which is Mary Lambert's original cut and the first one they showed on MTV for the first couple of weeks of their exclusive.

This is the Record Store Counter Promo they had for the VHS. It folds under and it stands straight up like a pyramid. Fab.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, could you explain the difference between the video of Like a Virgin we all have and the one on this tape? I don't seem to notice any... or else, the difference with the one they showed on MTV after the first two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidence? I found this VHS in an unexpected place here in São Paulo, this week... I bought it, it was a little price, new and beautiful like a virgin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being 11 or 12 in 1990 and going into a local video rental store and always seeing this in the music video section. I always wanted to rent it so bad, but my mom wouldn't rent it for me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like a dumbass I cut up the box cover so i could pin it on my wall. I still have the vhs in a hard cover. Oh well, I was only 11 when I got this.

    ReplyDelete