Monday, January 30, 2012

M.I.A. Talks Madonna, Collaboration and Super Bowl XLVI

M.I.A. TALKS

M.I.A. speaks with BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe on her upcoming performance with Madonna at Sunday’s Super Bowl halftime show and collaborating with the queen of pop.

On performing with Madonna and Nicki Minaj at Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis…

Yes, I’m going to the Super Bowl. Actually I’ve never been to the Super Bowl, so it’s my first time. I’m going to be performing with Madonna and Nicki Minaj. If you’re gonna go to the Super Bowl, you might as well go there with America’s biggest female icons.

On collaborating with pop royalty…

She is the original. If you’re gonna support someone, that’s a pretty dope achievement. I’m sure my mum is gonna be way [more] into that than me putting ‘Galang’ out.

On why she wanted to work with Madge…

As musicians, we’re two women and we represent two opposite sides of the world. If we can come together on a piece of music or something like the Super Bowl, I feel like that’s actually a cool thing to see this year because it’s getting silly out there.

Source: Rap-up

6 comments:

  1. i don't like what this ungrateful bitch is saying.
    No need to drag her mother along,
    sounds like she's doing us a favour.
    Nobody cares about her mom,
    we hardly care about MIA herself.
    These young starlets don't know a shit about respect and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vb, why so upset? shes nothing but complimentarily and M.I.A. is beyond fab.

      Delete
  2. M.I.A. is not slagging Madonna. She's pretty much slagging her mom. M.I.A.'s own mom is more into Madonna than her own daughter's music is what she's saying. Kinda like how Madonna's dad was really into Celine Dion back in the day, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIA 's music is weird but i really like some songs of hers. i like her as a person too.
    i think she would be a good choice as the open act of madonna's tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have no idea who MIA is. but as usual, Madonna always introduces me to new things. :) I'm forever a student of Madonna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the truth is that MIA is not a mainstream artist, that is why many people don't know her :D

      Delete